update: The lack of reliability, worst of which was constant
unavailability of my blog lead me to move on, this time to Pelican,
and hosted by GitHub Pages. Here's the setup.
I've been meaning to move my blog(s) away from Posterous, due to its UI
problems and ridiculously-slow page loads. I finally did it with the
help of Calepin, which itself has a bunch of problems, which is
forgiveable given that it's a Beta product:
- The presentation is way too simple/plain, and doesn't provide a way
to customise it.
- I spent hours struggling with Dropbox login integration, where I
often had to go to Chrome's Incognito mode, and at some point, had to
delete my Dropbox account as well, just to get it to work.
- It seems crazy that each time I want to publish I have to visit the
web page to hit Publish, when Calepin should simply monitor the
- The blog is unreachable whenever I publish. This isn't such a big
deal of course, but c'mon.
- When hitting Publish, it takes way too long (several seconds) before
the page is rendered on the blog.
- ...and am sure there will be more as time goes (proven by the fact
that this list kept growing as I typed this post)
Despite all these problems, it will have to do for now, until I find
another host, and maybe this time I will have to spend some cash.
In the interest of balance, here's what attracted me.